It is well known that lavender can induce a calming and soothing sensation and canpromote a deep and restful night’s sleep (this is due to its effect of slowing the central nervous system). However is it also possible that lavender can bring you love?
Lavender has been used for centuries for its soothing and healing properties, but it has also long been a vital ingredient in the world of mysticism and witchcraft. The concept of witchcraft is prevalent from the very earliest historical sources, many of which mention witchcraft or something similar, as it was used to explain what then could not be readily explained. However in more modern times the belief in witchcraft has waned. However there is still a dedicated band of followers who continue to practice white witchcraft i.e. witchcraft that is designed only to do good.
Lavender features in many spells and charms, especially those to promote serenity and to dispel nightmares – for obvious reasons. However there are also numerous mentions of lavender being used in love spells – well we love lavender so there could be a link there?! One of the growing online community of white witches has shared a lavender love spell, so why not give it a go and see if it can make your heart’s desire come true?
Lavender Love Spell
- Take a photograph of yourself and your loved one and place the pictures face to face with a sprig of lavender in between them. Then tie everything in place with some red thread and place the bundle in the bottom of a jar.
- Take a piece of parchment paper and write your loved one’s full name and date of birth on it 5 times in red pen. The write your name and date of birth 5 times at a ninety degree angle over theirs to form a cross.
- Now write in continual joined up letters what you want to achieve from the spell around the names, also in red ink. Write in a circle around the cross of names until the last letter joins to the first. Writing simple desires such as ‘love me’, ‘want me’, ‘marry me’, ‘forgive me’ etc are recommended. Place the parchment into the jar.
- Now fill the jar up completely with lavender buds – why not use some of our dried lavender buds?
- Next pour a little red wine into the jar and visualise your loved one drunk with love for you.
- Finally seal the jar and burn a red candle on top of the lid so that the wax melts down over the seal.
- Repeat burning a candle on top of the jar every day for a week and then await your loved ones appearance!
Adapted from Herbal Riot