We hope you enjoy these and let us know how you get on.
Lavender Hot Chocolate
35g good quality cocoa powder
3 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
950 ml milk
1 teaspoon dried culinary lavender (can be adjusted to suit your taste)
30g dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
In a small bowl, mix the cocoa, sugar and salt. In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and lavender. Bring just to a simmer. Remove from the heat and let steep for about 10 minutes. Strain and return to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer again and remove from the heat. Whisk in the chocolate until it is melted. Whisk in the vanilla and the cocoa mixture. Serve immediately.
Chocolate Lavender Brownies:
1 tsp dried culinary lavender
140g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate
2 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
85g plain flour
1 .Pre-heat the oven to 180*C, gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square tin with silicone paper
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water and melt the butter and chocolate together.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Whisk in the sugar and then the vanilla essence, lavender and salt. The mixture will be somewhat grainy.
5. Whisk the beaten eggs and egg yolk, until well mixed. Add the sifted flour. Stir well until thick and smooth.
6. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs (not wet batter) clinging to it.
6.Allow the brownies to cool before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.